Running Comments….

How absurd is this:

Andrew Garfield has loved Spider-Man since he was a little kid. He can speak eloquently and at length about how open the Spider-verse is for interpretation. Recently, he says, he had a philosophical discussion with producer Matt Tolmach about Mary Jane or “MJ” to fans. “I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ,” he tells EW. “And I was like, ‘What if MJ is a dude?’ Why can’t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality?  It’s hardly even groundbreaking!…So why can’t he be gay? Why can’t he be into boys?”

Garfield even has an actor in mind: “I’ve been obsessed with Michael B. Jordan since The Wire. He’s so charismatic and talented. It’d be even better—we’d have interracial bisexuality!” The star has clearly suggested a sexually flexible Spidey to his director, Marc Webb, as well.

 

I suppose, if you’re willing to toss every other standard into the waste bin, why not this? I’m sure Stan Lee would have no problem with turning MJ into a dude…. or maybe not.

It constantly amazes me how less than 2% of the population has such a disproportionate voice, demanding that the other 98% bow down to their whims…

 

 

Advertisements

One thought on “Running Comments….

  1. Well I know they let Spidey play a part in an abuse PSA which wasn’t the worse thing ever but yes this is absurd. I think Lee is a money maniac so he may allow it to happen although I doubt there would love interests involved. Perhaps Spider-Man would save Glen instead of Gwen.
    For good or bad the American public still has a strong role in what hits the screen as opposed to our cousins across the Pond. I swear the BBC has a formula approach of placing homosexuality front and center even where it is historically inaccurate.
    All of the homosexuals I know are mainstream,even when I was younger and knew a couple of real activist in your face flamers they didn’t buy into this force feeding the GP stuff. In fact many of them felt it counterproductive.
    Anyway there’s my ramble on this

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s